The Albuquerque Concert Band, Los Alamos Community Winds, and Santa Fe Concert Band are pleased to host the 2021 National Convention of ACB on April 27 – May 2 at the Santa Fe Hilton in Sante Fe, New Mexico. All member bands that have been members for the past two years (2019 and 2020), are invited to submit an application to perform as a featured band in front of a national audience.
There will be member band performances in the Ballroom at the Hilton on:
• Wednesday, April 28
• Thursday, April 29
• Friday, April 30
• Saturday, May 1
Each concert will be 45 minutes including playing and announcing. Standard percussion equipment will be provided for each performer.
A completed online application form on the ACB website at ACB-Apply2021
You will be asked to upload the following files while completing the form.
- Tracks of recordings representing 45 minutes of music (MP3 or MP4)
- Biography of the band (word or PDF file)
- Biography of the conductor (word or PDF file)
- Photo of the band suitable for promotional materials – at least 600 dpi. 8×10 preferred (JPG, PNG, TIFF)
- Photo of the conductor suitable for promotional materials at least 600 dpi. 8×10 preferred (JPG, PNG, TIFF)
- Sample programs from your last two seasons. (PDF, Word, JPG, or PNG)
- Other materials you wish to submit in support of your application. (PDF, Word, JPG, PNG) (optional)
NOTE: This form will use your ACB Website Login Information (Username and password) and must be submitted by the band’s membership account. If you need assistance with your membership account, contact the ACB Webmaster at email@example.com or by phone at 757-874-9270.
Application due: August 1, 2020
Notification of acceptance: September 1, 2020 (via email)
After the selection of featured bands, we will provide the additional information needed for percussion, travel and performance in Santa Fe. A negotiated hotel rate is available if accommodations are needed.
You can download a copy of this invitation at ACB2021-InvitationToApply
The 2021 ACB Convention Committee